Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Shas-lee-vava-pootee!!! (Bon Voyage!)



We are off! Finally. Getting ready for a trip is hard. Getting for a move is harder and getting ready for a move to another country is down right difficult. I didn't realize how involved it is....BUT we did it with the exception of selling our house (which will HAPPEN)
So we are off to Astana Kazakhstan. A place, I'm embarrassed to say, never knew existed. I didn't even know Borat was from there (nor do I care about that)
It all started with the job opening my husband saw online. I pushed him to apply. The thought of going to another country excited me even though it was a place I knew nothing about. It was foreign and that's all I cared about. So my husband can blame me if it doesn't work out.
So when he got the job as a Professor at Nazarbayev University (named after the President Nursultan Nazarbayev), I then froze in unbelief and all the fears came flooding in. Is it safe there? Will my kids adjust? Will I find peanut butter!
I guess we are gonna find out.
But more importantly, Where did all my Tupperware containers go!

REALLY? I lost that many containers over the years? But who loses the container and not the lid? I guess it's the same black hole that sucks your second sock away.

No comments:

Post a Comment